Skip to main content
- Remove half of the skin and 20% of the bones from the chicken thighs and discard.
- Rinse the meat, under cold running water, to remove surface bacteria.
- Chunk up most of the muscle meat with poultry shears.
- Grind the rest of the muscle meat, bones, skin, heart, and liver. Stir well.
- Measure two cups of water into a bowl and whisk in the egg yolks, salmon oil, vitamin B complex, vitamin E, lite iodized salt, and added taurine (if using in place of hearts and/ or adding because of freezing).
- Mix the chunked meat, ground mixture, and supplement mixture together.
- Fill containers. Leave room in the containers for expansion from freezing. Mark the containers with the contents and date and freeze. Makes approximately 6 ¼ pounds (100 oz). Cats eat about 4-5 ounces per day. This recipe is not recommended for cats with chronic renal disease.