Traditional ragdoll born white and gets tip point color 5 days later. It gets darken based on time. It has blue eyes and is a pointed cat. The gene for a traditional ragdoll is cscs;
Mink ragdoll needs at least one of parent cats to be a mink or sepia to produce. It is born with color and has aqua eyes. It is still a pointed cat. The gene for a mink ragdoll is csbs;
Sepia ragdoll needs: 1. both parents to be mink; 2. one parent to be sepia and another one is mink; 3. one parent to be solid and another one is a mink.
It is born with color and it is a lot darker than mink ragdoll. It is still a pointed cat. The gene for a sepia ragdoll is bsbs;
Solid ragdoll needs at lease one parent to be a solid. It may have green eyes or copper eyes. It is born with color and not a pointed cat. The gene for a solid is Ccs.
- Ragdolls don’t obtain their full color until 2 years of age, with the exception of the mink, sepia and solid colors.
- They don’t reach maturity until at least 3 years of age.
- Neutered males weigh about 15-25 pounds and are 3 feet long.
- Spayed females weigh about 12 to 15 pounds and are slightly shorter.
- Their fur is rabbit-like, medium long and never mats with little shedding. It requires no routine grooming such as the Persian or Himalayan.
- Very quiet cats, not talkative like a Siamese.
- Very social, they like human contact.
Other than these, our ragdoll is a mouser.
Ragdoll cats act more like dogs than cats:
- They follow you are around the home and love to be with people.
- They sleep with you.
- They greet you when you come home.
- They are not afraid of people who come into your home.
- They get along well with dogs who may already be in your home.
- They can do catch as dogs.
- They can be easily voice trained to keep them off of furniture or countertops, etc.
- They can do fetch like dogs do.
Our ragdoll can be easily harness trained. It has been 100% training successful rate at 12 weeks old so far.